Our pod at The Whale Trail sign on Alki Beach, Seattle. #mywhaletrail #alki
This year we’re launching an intiative to help even more people Discover The Whale Trail. We’re kicking it off with a social media campaign and photo contest, starting this Saturday February 15, World Whale Day. It’s easy to participate – here’s how:
- Follow The Whale Trail on Instagram, Twitter or both.
- Visit one or more Whale Trail locations anytime between February 15 and February 29th.
- Take a picture of yourself, your family, or your friends – or of wildlife and scenic views at the site.
- Post your photo on Instagram and / or Twitter using the hashtag #mywhaletrail and #location (example: #alki)
There will be prizes! We’ll pick one winner and a runner-up in each of four categories:
- Best Selfie
- Best Group Photo
- Best Wildlife Photo
- Most Scenic
Winners will be notified by direct message, and sent a fun (non-monetary) prize.
Note: using the hashtag gives us permission to share your photo with our followers.
On your mark, get set, go to The Whale Trail! We can’t wait to see your pictures (Orca costumes optional 🙂
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-919-5397
Join us for a midwinter gathering on The Whale Trail in West Seattle. Whale Trail Director Donna Sandstrom will the review current status of the endangered southern resident orcas, and efforts to protect them.
- With the recent loss of L41, the endangered southern resident orca population now consists of just 72 individuals, nearing their historical low of 71.
- Despite all we have learned, why has so little progress been made?
Donna will also share The Whale Trail’s vision and priorities for 2020.
- Learn how you can help, and make a difference for the southern residents.
- Bring your thoughts, ideas and questions. A great chance to meet old and new friends who share an interest in orcas and other marine mammals.
Reminder! The first ever Whale Trail Photo Contest is happening NOW and going until 2/29. Take a picture of your self or your friends at a Whale Trail site, hashtag it #mywhaletrail #location. Follow us on Instagram or Twitter, and post it there. There will be prizes
Hope to see you Thursday!